The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

Today's blog I'm going to talk about The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy written by Douglas Adams published in 1979. I have never read sci-fi books this was my first book on the topic followed by Ready Player One, and I think I have found one of my favourites topics, but this specific one is very confused to read, sometimes I get lost and I had to go back and read again to catch up. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy talks about a journey through space. Arthur Det and Ford Prefect escape from Earth because it's going to be destroyed, they escape in one of the Vogon's ships later they are caught by the captain Zaphod, also known as the president of the universe. Basically, they saved them.

I forgot to mention that meanwhile, they were travelling in the Vogon's ship Arthur was freaked out about what just happened, so Ford gave him a book called The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy which was a kinda Wikipedia for space, it contained everything you must know about it. After Zaphod save them they land on a planet called Magrathea, which is supposed to be a planet for rich people. I don't want you to make the history long so I will fast forward a little bit.

They meet with a person called Slartibartfast, which take them to the centre of the planet where he teaches them a bunch of history and tells them that there is a computer called deep thought who was computing the answer to life, the universe, and everything, and that answer was no joking 42.  No one knows what was the answer, the Earth was calculating that question, and minutes before it was done the Vogons destroyed the Earth, so no one is going to know the real question for the mythical answer.


Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Technical Overview of the CLR

Internals of GCC

The hundred-year language